Europe

Shock as dog dies in freak accident


A dog owner has been left distraught after her dog died from drinking too much water on holiday. Picture: Facebook.

A DOG owner has been left distraught after her dog died from drinking too much water on holiday.

Melanie Whitehead had set up a paddling pool to allow her three dogs to cool off after a long journey to south west France.

But her two-year-old Jack Russell, Grub, started biting the hosepipe as the water spurted out, reports The Sentinel.

Soon after he vomited and urinated large amounts of water before keeling over.

Ms Whitehead and her husband Lyndon Smith rushed him to the nearest vet, but he fell into a coma and died within two hours.

Jarrod Sierocki

Melanie Whitehead had set up a paddling pool to allow her three dogs to cool off after a long journey to south west France. Picture: Facebook.Source:Supplied

Ms Whitehead told The Sentinel: “We both broke down as we thought we would have been picking him up the morning after. We are utterly devastated, I can’t believe my two-year-old puppy …

Read the full article at: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/pets/shock-as-dog-dies-in-freak-accident/news-story/44145df93651ccd4daad6eebf10b7ebe

Previous post

Hillary to explain election ‘disaster’

Next post

Toddler ‘loses battle’ for life