Connect with us

Health News

COVID safe app used to find new NSW coronavirus cases – 7NEWS.com.au

NSW used the COVIDsafe app to trace an additional 544 contacts of a person who tested positive to COVID-19.

Published

on

post featured image
ADVERTISEMENT

NSW Health found two coronavirus cases by using the COVIDsafe app.
Contract tracing teams accessed the app data on a coronavirus case who had visited the Mounties in western Sydney.
Using COVIDsafe they identified 544 additional people who had been exposed to coronavirus.
Two people in this group presented for testing and were subsequently confirmed to have COVID-19, NSW Health said.
While most cases in the last week have been associated with local clusters and close contact with known cases…

Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Health News

COVID-19 diagnosis shuts Sydney school – Australian Associated Press

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT


Another independent Catholic school in Sydney has been closed after a student tested positive to COVID-19.

St Vincent’s College in Potts Point will be closed on Friday for cleaning and to allow health authorities to contact trace after a student on Thursday tested positive to coronavirus.

It’s the third independent Catholic school to shut after being exposed to the virus with Our Lady of Mercy College in Parramatta closed until August 24 after three cases…



Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading

Health News

UK to quarantine arrivals from France – Australian Associated Press

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT


Britain will impose a 14-day quarantine on all arrivals from France, the Netherlands, Malta and three other countries, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps says, citing rising COVID-19 infection rates.

The British government, wary of a second wave of coronavirus, has been removing countries from its safe travel list during the past few weeks based on infection data.

“Data shows we need to remove France, the Netherlands, Monaco, Malta, Turks & Caicos & Aruba from…



Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading

Health News

Vic expands tests, ‘patient zero’ ID’d

Published

on

ADVERTISEMENT


New COVID-19 testing sites will be opened in Victoria’s major regional centres as reports emerge over the identity of “patient zero” for the state’s deadly second wave.

The Age newspaper is reporting leaked emails identify a night duty manager at one of the quarantine hotels in Melbourne’s CBD reported coming down with coronavirus on May 25, presumably contracting it from a returned traveller.

The botched program that used private security guards has long been blamed for sparking the second…



Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading

Trending