“[It] appears to indicate that the officer didn’t strike the male person directly but reached out with an open hand,” he said.
Assistant Commissioner Connors declined to go through a “blow by blow” of the short incident other than to say the fence had been “under attack”.
He described the actions as “appropriate” and said the man had suffered “no significant injuries” and did not wish to make a complaint.
But Refugee Solidarity Meanjin, which has been behind the ongoing protests, took to Facebook on Sunday to say the man had been taken away from the site by paramedics.
“He fell to the ground, started bleeding from his ear, and had to be taken away in an ambulance,” they said.
The protest to free the refugees was held after a refugee…